Back to the blog
Social Media Inforgraphic
Permalink RSS feed
Written by Michelle Goldfarb
2011 was a massive year for Social Media, and highlighting its immense power to the world and its importance to brands and businesses. Facebook has grown to more than 800 million active users, adding more than 200 million in a single year! Twitter now has 100 million active users, and Linkedin has over 64 million users in North America alone!
Media Bistro published a great infographic displaying the social media statistics for 2012. A couple of key facts of which are highlighted by Digital Buzz below;
Facebook Statistics 2012:
- An average Facebook user has 130 friends and likes 80 pages
- 56% of consumer say that they are more likely recommend a brand after becoming a fan
- Each week on Facebook more than 3.5 billion pieces of content are shared
Twitter Statistics 2012:
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter
- 55% of Twitter users access the platform via their mobile
General Social Media Statistics 2012:
- 30% of B2B marketers are spending million of dollars each year on social media marketing
- Nearly 30% of these users are not tracking the impact of this marketing
- 20% of Google searches each day have never been searched for before
- Out of the 6 billion people on the planet 4.8 billion have a mobile and only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush
- Social Media Predictions for 2012 All of us at CREATIVE BEANS would like to wish...
- Social Media Usage in the UK An excellent finding from Umpf together with Your Say Pays,...
- CB pick of 2012 Social Media campaign (so far): Microsoft technology confidence. Microsoft offered users a chance to win...
- Why Use a Social Media Agency? Today, Social Media Marketing (SMM) is being used by a...
- Social Media and Marketing 2011 Remarkable research for Buddy Media and Booz & Company illustrates...